My name is Olivier and I write about the competitive swimmer lifestyle.
Whether that means finding science-backed ways to train smarter, putting together guides on how to improve your kick, this is your home for high performance swimming content.
- How to Develop an Awesome Underwater Dolphin Kick. A monster guide to dominating the fifth stroke that features tips and technique tips from Olympic champions and biomechanists.
- 5 Science-Backed Reasons Tracking Your Workouts Will Make You a Faster Swimmer. The easiest way to get more from your training is by evaluating your training. Here are 5 proven perks to writing out your workouts at the end of the day.
- 12 Things You Learn Becoming a Swim Parent. The swimmer lifestyle is unique, and so it is for their parents as well.
- How to Prevent Swimmer’s Shoulder. If you've swum for any kind of meaningful time you've brushed paths with the most popular of swimmer injuries. Here is a full guide to steering clear of swimmer's shoulder.
- 7 Reasons You Should Absolutely Date a Swimmer. Interested in a swimmer, are ya? Don't blame you. Here are just some of the perks involved.
- 7 Things Swimming Will Teach You About Life. Swimming does more than just give us washboard abs. It is also a proving ground for the rest of our life.
Life in the animal lane is for a select few. Between 5k’s for time, losing lap count and parts of your sanity during the … [Read More...]
Swimming at the collegiate level is a time of change and growth. With a totally new environment, new training partners, … [Read More...]
They are in the stands, they are behind the blocks timing, they are manning the snack trays, the timing booth and the … [Read More...]
Want to power up your breaststroke? Two-time Olympian Mike Alexandrov stops by with one of his favorite breaststroke … [Read More...]
“Ugh, my turns suck,” she said. “I wish we practiced them more often in practice.” She wasn’t wrong. My teammate's … [Read More...]
Frustrated with the way training is going? Here is a 3-step plan for battling back from your next bad swim … [Read More...]
It sucks. Whether it’s a random, flukey injury a la Ryan Lochte getting tackled by fan and spraining his knee, or … [Read More...]
You didn’t choose the butterfly life. It chose you. There is something poetic about watching a swimmer perform … [Read More...]
We’re a funny bunch. We dunk our heads into water for hours at a time and have staring matches with a black tiled line … [Read More...]
Swimming isn’t just about bad tan lines, having raccoon eyes and early mornings. And it’s not just about records, gold … [Read More...]